Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Do You Have A Safe Place

I was sitting in a room with men and women. They were talking about Celebrate Recovery and what it meant to them. They shared their story so freely as if they were singing their favorite song,.. in the car(lol). Lanetta begin to go over the 8 principles, once she finished, she said, " This is a safe place to share your experience's."At that moment, the room began to get so loud,...so I think,..I'm not really sure because my heart was beating so fast until I thought everyone could hear it. And then she said, "You're safe here." My eye's started to fill with tears.In my head I thought, SAFE,  my God!, how in the world could a simple word, safe, bring on tears in front of folks I didn't know. And then I was like,...can they see the tears? Then I was like, Oh my God, can they see me? Can they see the hurt, the rage,...and then I wanted out of there. People think Celebrate Recovery is just about alcohol and drugs, of course it is, but not entirely. CR is about confronting your past hurts, habits and hangups. It's about physical, sexual and emotional abuse. It's about abandonment and anger issue's. It's about letting God free you and heal you. It's about being in a "safe" environment, with people who understand how you feel with no condemnation. I have a safe place now,...Psalm 27.

Rochelle

No comments: