Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Magnitude of the Serenity Prayer

The Serenity Prayer is a tool to be used on a daily basis in our lives of recovery. The Serenity Prayer takes the pressure off of us and puts it all on God. Stressful situations don't always turn out the way we desire, therefore, it prepares us for God's will.

The Serenity Prayer permits God to instantly give us a quietness or stillness that will allow us to open our hearts and minds to be receptive to God's changes for our lives. Now, let’s look carefully at the Serenity Prayer--line by line.

God,
I give you permission to… Grant me the
Peace...
Serenity, to accept things I cannot change,
Boldness... Courage to change the things I can, and the
Good Judgment with No Denial... Wisdom to know the difference
Patience to wait on the Lord for the things that take time…
Living one day at a time
Appreciation/Gratitude...
Enjoying one moment at a time, and
Tolerance/Open-Mindedness...
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace:
Lenience/Mercy on Self & others...
Taking, as Jesus did this sinful world; as it is not as I would have it,
Confidence/Childlike Faith...Trusting that you will make all things right
Submission--Let Go & Let God...
If I surrender to Your will; so that I may be
Freedom--God's yoke is easy & burdens are light...
Reasonably happy in this life and
Proclamation--joyfully acknowledged as Truth that Jesus Christ died for my sins & I will live...
Supremely happy with You forever in the next. AMEN

Don't forget to use your tool!
Love,
Lady O

1 comment: